Madeira Zone

Madeira Zone
President and Sister Fluckiger with the Madeira Zone

Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012

Eu SEI!! eu tenho um cunhado e eu estou bem animado!!! é muito incrível!! e ele é um.....stud....eles não têm uma palavra por "stud"....minha culpa :)
I KNOW! I have a brother and I'm really excited! is very amazing! and he is a stud .... ..... they do not have a word for "stud" .... my fault :)
I love you mom!!!! lots....just saying ;)
President Torgan is incredible. Seriously that man is inspired. My interview wasn't really an interview. I think I said like 8 words to him, but seriously he knew everything that I needed to hear. He said that he could feel a great spirit about me and that I have desires to serve the Lord and the people and that's an incredible thing. He said that I need to make sure that I’m serving people with love, and that my focus is love. The love that Christ has for me, and for all of His children. He challenged me to study the Atonement everyday for at least a little bit in personal studies, and so heck yes I will! And He also said that I need to be careful of pride. He said that it's something that everyone has to deal with, him (pres. Torgan) included. He said that it's something that Satan will really try to work on me with, and honestly, it's exactly what I was struggling with. Pride is a bugger....don't like it. At all. And it turns out that for like 6 days in a row, I’ve been reading about it in the Book of Mormon. Think that's the Lord trying to tell me something? I think yes. Man seriously I am a prideful person and I don’t' like it!!! But I’m working on it. I think I’m starting to get better. I'm listening more to Elder Weiss. I don't always take/apply what he says, because I don't agree, but now I’m starting to listen to find out where he's coming from. It's made things a lot better. I'm still struggling with pride, but I can promise you, when you have pride, the spirit really has a hard time working with you. It's something I'm learning. We need to be willing to listen to everyone. We need to be humble enough to understand that we can learn from everyone, and there are better ways to do things. We don't have to take everyone’s advice, because everyone in the world is different. Heavenly Father created all of His children differently. We have personalities and characteristics that are different and unique, and that’s part of the beauty of being human. And the beauty of it is, as we learn and apply the Principles of the Gospel in our lives (which requires humility which is not pride...just saying) we can change those things that are weak in us. We can apply what we learn from other people, to help us become better, and then to share that with others, and help them become better and progress. That's what it's about. Helping others come unto Christ. We can't be prideful if we want to help others come unto our Savior. But oh how sweet is the joy, when we finally humble ourselves. I promise that the Savior is just waiting for us, and begging us, to humble ourselves, so He can touch us, and heal us. When we finally humble ourselves, and then partake of the sacrament, and renew our covenants, and try and become better, the Savior's love, and peace enters our hearts. And there's no greater feeling in the world. It's incredible.
So long story short......watch out for pride!! It’s a bugger.
So Kamal and Jassy (the Indian family). Kamal was not baptized this weekend :( :( he says he knows he needs to be, he just isn't quite there. I think he needs to read more of the book of Mormon. He's been kind of struggling with that lately. Not good. We're gonna work on that. And his wife, Jassy, hasn't been to church yet. We invited and invited, but she didn't come...I think because Kamal wanted to "check it out" first. But then we introduced him to the Relief Society President, who is incredible, and now I think he'll be more willing to bring his family! Cuz the gospel is for families. That's what it's all about. Pray that Kamal will read the book of Mormon and that Jassy can make it to church....can you do that for me? Thanks guys :)
And Tavares and Sandra....they're still having a hard time finding work. The economy here is really rough. Especially here in Figueira. Not much work. But I know that they'll get work. The Lord will help them find a way to be baptized and receive the blessings of the gospel. We haven't been able to get a hold of them these last couple days, cuz they've been with Sandra’s mom. (Mother's day here is one week ahead of us.) But we'll be going for it this week hard core. I'm pumped!
Apparently, holidays are a big deal here....everything shuts down...especially church. No one wants to go to church on holidays. It’s rough. One of the quirks of Portugal that still weird me out. Easter, no one came. Mother's day...no one came. Man this is NOT good! And the trains shut down, basically you just chill at home on a holiday....I don't even know.
So there's this one sister, she's an incredible lady. Her name is Orlinda. She was pretty religious when she was younger, but she had a really bad experience with a different religion, and so she just totally....afastou...um....this is a word in Portuguese...but not really in English. Basically, she quit going to church and turned away from religion in general. Not God, just religion. But we were walking one day, and her window was open, so we stopped and started talking to her. She told us that the only reason she let us start talking to her is because she saw some other missionaries once, who didn't teach her, but they always said hi and asked how she was. They were just nice and polite. And now she's willing to listen to us, and she's really starting to progress. Don’t' EVER think that a smile and a Hey, how are you? doesn't mean anything. It can make all the difference in the world! haha and funny thing about olinda, we've never actually been inside her house....we always teach her through the window! haha I honestly don't know why, but its fun :) she says she's super impressed because we're not embarrassed to talk about our Savior in the street. That we're willing to share our testimonies about Him anywhere. That helped open her heart. It's super cool! but if you could pray that Olinda will continue to read, and that she'll accept the gospel and the Atonement to heal her heart, that would be amazing! :)
So the wedding sounds incredible!!! Oh man I’m so glad! :) 65 people in the sealing room??? my word!!! that's awesome! super stoked! I know there were people there. Eternal families are so important to the Lord. And it just makes me happy to know that they started their own :) this is definitely something that Taylor and the grandparents would want to see! and so do I....so pictures would be gnarly amazing! ;)
So honestly, I’m super jealous that you can go to the temple...I’m going through withdrawals!!! not cool man...not cool. I never realized how hard it would be. After going every week for 9 weeks in Provo, and then not at all for another 22 months??? oh man...not fun at all. Maybe you should pray that the new mission president will let us go to Madrid once eh? I will too! good plan! I like it. ~
well mother, I love you so much. thanks for everything! And you are 110% fine! your plate has been MORE than full these last couple weeks, and you've still managed to make me feel like I’m the only thing you think about, so I promise your doing just fine! I love you so much, and I'll talk to you Sunday! on your special day oh wise and beautiful queen :):) love you tons!
Love,
Your missionary (yep that's me Elder Jordan Brady :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Figueira da Foz-Elder Brady's First Area

Figueira da Foz-Elder Brady's First Area
Figueira da Foz-Elder Brady's First Area